Thursday, June 9, 2011

Counting down

While summer temperatures have arrived, we are not quite to our summer just yet. The kids still have school. A little over 3 weeks of school, in fact.

But in only 23 more days we get on a plane. And then our summer truly starts.

Because for me summer is family and friends. And a return to the comfortable and easy life in the US. Now, I don't mean easy in that there are never problems, but more easy that I don't have to figure out language. I know where to buy anything and everything that I need. Yes, while life in the US is not without its challenges, it is familiar and that makes it easy. I have once again started my list of what to buy when we are back. This is a ever-changing thing. Currently my list is something like this: medicines, spices, books, and a few clothes for the tall man (the man who at 1.9M can buy practically no clothes in China). Isn't that delightfully random?

Becca has asked if she can start to pack her suitcase. This is quite the process for her. Deciding what important things she needs for the 7 weeks we are gone. She will pack it. Then think about it a bit and unpack and evaluate. While I may give her bag a cursory glance, she is responsible for it. So, 3 weeks should give her just about the right amount of time.

Hope you are enjoying the first bit of your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment