But in answer to what so many people ask. . . what do you buy to take back to China? Each year, it is a little bit different. The one thing that is a constant is that I ALWAYS buy toothpaste. And lots of it. Just as a funny aside, the cashier rarely makes a comment, but just imagine someone buying a year's supply of toothpaste. At one time. Plus a ton of medicines. Yet again a year's supply. And I am surprised that I don't get more comments. I mean, I would notice and think it a little strange that someone was buying 15 tubes of toothpaste. Not to mention the 5 things of deodorant and all the medicines. It honestly took me two years to figure out exactly how much toothpaste we use in a year.
| I feel like this could be an I Spy: The Travel Version I spy 10 tubes of toothpaste, something you want with you when it rains, 4 things that will make you sneeze, and the remedy for a headache. |
| The great organizing begins. Notice that the duffel bags are still quite empty. Unfortunately, I have just a little more shopping to do. [sigh] I am really, really tired of shopping. |
Surprising, we don't buy much food to take back with us. This is a change from our first couple of years. I would buy mostly food (coffee, chocolate, baking supplies . . . the list seemed endless). But now, I buy some things, but have really either been able to find what I need or have just learned to do without. As evidenced by the pictures above, I buy a lot of spices. After getting off skype with Andy, I realized more things I need to buy. This is NOT my favorite kind of shopping. But I think that I am almost done.
| Just so you don't think all the packing is organized and tame. This is what it looks like way too often. Can I tell you how tired I am of living out of a suitcase? |

I relate to some of those feelings - we are packing up a home where we have been happy, the kids don't even remember the houses before this. We are sad to say good-bye to our life here, yet are excited about the future too. Safe journey to China for you!
ReplyDeleteHere from Sunday Snapshot.
You are living my dream! I have always wanted to live in China. I will be following you blog from now on. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteMany blessings!
Those cashiers may think you are one of those extreme couponers...because extreme coupon folks buy stuff in mass quantity all the time. LOL....safe journey back to China! Blessings to you and yours!
ReplyDeleteI suppose that is a lot of toothpaste to buy at one time, but I know I would do the same thing since I am so particular about my Crest! Your "I Spy" caption made me giggle.
ReplyDeleteThanks all for the well-wishes about our trip. It was [mostly] uneventful. Settling back into normal life in China.
ReplyDelete