There is not much time that allows me to get up at a some-what-humane hour. I have grown to enjoy the mornings more and I love the quiet of the house before our kids get into gear. But I will never be a roll out of the bed early and chipper person. So my runs tend to happen at random times. Usually somewhat in the middle of the day when the typical street scene is fast paced. Not during rush hour, but this is after all China, so our tame is another city's insane.
For some reason I was motivated to get up and run early this morning. I had made a french toast casserole last night. When I got up to put it in the oven, I decided that I would get a run in while it baked. Some might think that I was defeating the purpose of running by coming home to eat yummy french toast casserole. But half the reason I run is that I love to eat! Anyway, I was reminded this morning why I like early morning runs. There is something about watching a city come to life first thing in the morning. Especially a city like ours that is so busy and full of life. The street venders were setting up to sell breakfast, stores were just starting to open, the park had quite a few people doing taichi, and much of the city was still snug at home.
My view as I was running. I run in the bike lane as the sidewalks are uneven and unpredictable. The bike lane tends to be a safer option. But I have caused several near-misses as people pass me and then are so busy looking back that they almost run into something/someone. I have not caused any accidents yet.
| Photo taken using Instagram. |
But when I got back energized, I have vowed that I will make more of an effort to do this. It was a great start to my day.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment