Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas carols

The kids have been loving singing/listening/groovin' to Christmas carols. Josh and Tori listen to music every night as they go to sleep. Since the day after Thanksgiving, the carols have been rocking in their room. Downstairs on the family iPod, the kids have been lobbying for Christmas music since mid-November. I must confess that since it is some of my favorite music I let them play it when Andy is not home. He is the one with the strict not-until-after-Thanksgiving-rule. And yes, he knows that I flagrantly break this rule and he loves me regardless.

Anyway, little T has been walking around singing some of her favorites. Because the lyrics are not always words that are commonly used, she sometimes gets it a little garbled. I would love to let her keep singing the garbled-ness for the sheer cuteness factor. However, Becca and Josh insist on doing it right. [sigh]

 The best rendition I have heard so far is from Angels We Have Heard on High:

Angels we have heard on high,
Sweetly singing all over the place,
And the mountain does reply
Echo in the door with string.

Then she bursts into the best: Glo-o-o-o-o-o-ria

I am sure you can imagine it. It is indeed glorious.

And just in case you don't know the actual lyrics, they are:

Angels we have heard on high
Sweetly singing o'er the plains,
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains.

I rather enjoy her version. Doesn't it make sense that angels would sweetly sing all over the place? And the mountains replying and echoing in the door with string? Oh, she just tickles me. 



1 comment: