The house across from ours is being remodeled. Now, no matter where you live that is annoying. But here in China, the remodeling process takes on a whole new dimension. Because this is not just painting or putting in a new bathroom. Instead, it looks like this:
The entire house is being gutted. And this is fairly normal when renovating. Or as it is called in Chinese 装修 (pronounced: zhuang xiu). I am glad that I am working during the day and am hopeful that it will be finished by the time we return at the end of August. But I don't know, it looks to be a long way from being finished. So unfortunately, when we start homeschool in the fall we may have some background noise. I will just keep hoping that this moves at the normal speed of construction work here. . . really fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment