Which seems very strange. I keep waiting for the drastic response. Now, before you all think me heartless, I am not just talking about tears. I am talking about extreme emotion, more than tears alone can express. Because I guarantee you that tomorrow as we leave Cincinnati, we will all be in tears (myself included). That is part of the healthy, grieving process and saying goodbye. Honestly, I would be worried if we didn't cry.
But part of me wonders, are my babies beginning to grow up and mature? Because each year as we approach this day, I check in with them. Just to see how they are each doing with the transition. This year they are each a bit sad, but also looking forward to going back to China. Looking forward to starting homeschooling. Sad to say goodbye. Excited to return. Hmm, maybe those emotions will erupt sometime in the next 24+ hours.
But for now, I must go weigh my bags one last time. Homeschooling books weigh a ton!
No comments:
Post a Comment