Pumpkins. Not much says fall to me like a pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Or pumpkin bread. And pumpkin soup. And. . . my list could just go on. Can you tell how I feel about anything pumpkin? Our first year here I had pumpkin in various dishes in restaurants, but couldn't find it at the markets. They are more common now, but really I was not looking for the right thing.
I had something like this in mind. You know, a pumpkin.
But as I mentioned in a previous post, 南瓜 (pumpkin) is a rather generic term that really just means any kind of gourd in Chinese. What I really needed to be looking for was this.
Impressive, don't you think? So far, we have used this pumpkin to make a crock-pot full of soup, pumpkin bars, and pumpkin bread. There is still just a little under half of it left. What will it become next? A pie? More soup? Pumpkin pancakes? Is anyone besides me hungry yet?!
**On a side note, these pics are both of little T. The first is her at 2 years old and my, how she has grown.
No comments:
Post a Comment