Here we are at July 20th and this is the first time I have had to sit down and even think about a post. I feel like there is so much that I could share and so much we have done over the last 16 days. But since a picture is worth more than my words, I will share snipets and let the pictures do the talking.
Seattle, Washington
 |
| Top of the Space Needle. If you look real close, you can see Rainer in the background. This was the 4th of July. See our girls displaying their pride in our country? |
 |
| Foothills of the Cascades. Hiking at Watts Falls (or something similar starting with a W. it has been a whirlwind) |
 |
| Beth and I. (Roommates in college and like a sister to me. Don't you just love friendships like this?) |
 |
| At a park beside Lake Washington |
Indianpolis, Indiana
 |
| Connor Praire. We are blessed to come back to so many friends that it is impossible to see everyone. Our kids and some of their friends that we got to spend the day with. |
 |
| how sweet are they? born only months apart, I have been friends with their mommies forever. and now our girls continue the friendship. |
Dayton, Ohio
 |
| Can you see what she is holding? My girl, the one who fears crabs and most creepy crawly things, LOVES daddy long legs. Go figure. |
 |
T looking way too serious while enjoying a s'more.
Have I mentioned that we plan to eat ice cream every day? And are pretty close to succeeding? |
Cincinnati, Ohio
 |
| Just look at the lush greenery. This would be one of those things I don't even realize I miss until I am back here and am stunned by the amazing beauty found in a backyard. |
 |
Josh is on a mission to lose most of his teeth that are loose while we are in the US. I think he figured out that the exchange rate is better if he gets US dollars. Savvy boy. Here he is showing a creative way to eat corn on the cob when you are missing a front tooth and the other is loose.
|
Andy leaves in 5 days to return to China. And then we will spend the next 4 weeks apart (actually 25 days to be exact). I am not looking forward to seeing him go. But I also know that as I watch our kids soak up time with family and doing quintessential American things, our time here is worthwhile. And yes you read that right, we have been to 4 cities in 3 states in 16 days. There was a stretch of time that each day Tori would ask me, "now, which city are we in?"
No comments:
Post a Comment