Thursday, May 5, 2011

FAIL

On my agenda today was to go to class and then stop my the eye doctor on my way home and order new contacts. Sounds simple, right? Well, no it was actually a totally frustrating experience. They couldn't find my name in the computer and wondered if I had been there before. The receptionist had limited English and I had no clue how to say contacts in Chinese. It wasn't even in my dictionary. So I left the eye hospital in defeat. No contacts. None ordered. No way to solve this except with another eye exam. Walked to the bus and headed home. But then as I was most way home, the eye doctor (who speaks excellent English) called me. She remembered me, had found my name in the computer and did I want to order the contacts? Yes, oh happy day! But that is the way things go here sometimes. When things work, it is amazing and you love it. And when they fail? They fail BIG. But that is all part of the adventure - how will things go today? Will it work? Will it fail? Will it end up totally unexpected? You just never know. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment