Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Last Post
Can you believe it? We leave in the morning! This is my last post in the U.S. Next time you hear from me will be in China. Crazy thought! Over the last 24 hours I wondered if we would get here. So, the washer overflowed last night. Our carpets will take about 3 days to dry out. Then this morning our large garage door broke. All these things combined to put us off schedule. In fact we didn't get done packing until after 1AM last night. When we left our house, Becca took about 10 minutes to say goodbye to all the rooms. Andy, Becca and I sat in her empty room staring at the flowers and butterflies on the walls and had ourselves a good cry. We all agreed that this has been a great house and we were going to miss it. Then we got to the hotel near the airport and the kids were so excited they couldn't get to sleep. The window by their bed overlooks the airport. Tori called out to me. "Mommy, I need to get down!" (She was sleeping on a reclining chair near one of the beds) I wondered why she was bothered. She said, "I need to be down THERE (looking out the window)!" When I asked her why, she told me that she needed to be down there on the plane not in bed. We talked and I think that I clarified the confusion, but with a 2 year old one never knows!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We love you guys! Hope you have a safe trip. So excited for you and this new chapter in your lives. We'll miss you but look forward to every new blog and hearing about every new adventure. With lots of love and prayers! Janet
ReplyDeletePraying for your flight today as your adventure begins!
ReplyDeleteI hope your flight was good & that the kids treated you well!
ReplyDeleteWe fellow Willow Creekers will definitely miss the Wilcox family! It will seem odd not to see blonde headed children running & playing - not to see Becca at school... and not to have your smiling face helping at school! Your entire family will be GREATLY missed!
I will log onto your blog to keep up with all of your wonderful adventures! I just started a new one for my immediate family... http://hokefamily.blogspot.com add us to your bookmarks!
Love,
The Hoke Family
I hope you all had a wonderful flight! Let the exciting times begin.
ReplyDeleteBecca, the kids wanted me to tell you how much they miss you. They really wish you were here for Camp Learn A Lot. I keep telling them you are having as much fun as they are.
MIss Woods :)