1. What do you enjoy most about living in China, compared with life in the States?
I really like the adventure of figuring out a new culture. Granted there are some days it truly drives me crazy. However, most of the time it is fascinating to see how people are different and yet the same.
2. What surprised you most as you got settled into life in China?
It continues to surprise me how our kids have just slipped into life here. With really very little problems. And they are not just okay, but they each really do like it here. I know that I have said this a lot, but it still continues to amaze us (and we are SO GRATEFUL!).
3. What is the most challenging thing about living in China?
How hard it is to buy certain things here. Just your basic things.... Becca needs (note this is still in the present tense) black tights for school. Stores that have things for middle-sized kids are harder to find, but baby clothes are EVERYWHERE. Anyway, I have been to several stores only to be told "no, we don't have that size" or "that color" or "don't have tights period." Shopping can take so much longer. Even for a basic grocery trip one store doesn't have everything I buy (I rotate between 3 different ones plus trips to the produce market). At times like that, I seriously miss the walmarts and meijiers of the States.
4. If someone wanted to send you a care package, what would you most appreciate receiving?
coffee, chocolate, recee's peanut butter cups
5. How can people specifically lift you up?
Our health. All of us have been really healthy so far, and even if we do get sick there are very good options. But like so much else in China, navigating through healthcare can be: hen mafan (very bothersome). And as any mom will tell you life is just better when the kids (and parents) are healthy!
Now it is your turn! You can either choose to interview me by leaving questions as a comment. OR I will interview you - just leave a comment saying "Interview Me!" I will pick 5 questions for you to answer. You post the questions and answers on your blog....
What is your address in china to send Christmas cards to?
ReplyDeletetia
In our Christmas cards, our US address will be listed. But I can also email it to you! :-)
ReplyDeleteS