Monday, January 5, 2009

Technology

I'm back! Well, you probably didn't notice that I was gone, but I have been without internet for almost the last week. Nothing makes you realize how dependent you are on the computer until it stops working. I recently read another friend's blog about the good and bad of technology. As I was without it myself, it got me to pondering as well..... what would I do without my modem and computer? When I was in the US, the internet was a convenience and a luxury. Sure, I missed it if it was not working, but here it was a whole new level. I felt lost without it. I don't really know how to describe it.... my computer is my phone (thanks Skype), my source of communication, and my window into your lives. I was talking with another expat and we agreed that we would almost rather be without water than the internet. Makes you think, how hard was it to live so far away when you needed to rely only on letters? Really it just makes me thankful for technology and how it allows me to stay connected from the other side of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment