And it might have been a good idea if I had decided to use Google translate. Or at least use it before I made the bagels. Because my bagels turned out slightly odd. They taste really good, but when I was baking them they just wouldn't get done. I checked after 20 minutes in the oven and the top still looked raw. Put them in for another 10. Then another 10. After over an hour in the oven, they were sort of done. And the end result? Umm, sort of bagels. They taste like bagels and the texture is good but they look so weird. In fact, Andy laughed so much I threatened not to let him eat any. And Becca dubbed them Bumpy Bagels.
So maybe a little late, but today I looked up what exactly I had used. Sourdough mix. Hmm, that would be why they had a great taste and texture (much like sourdough). I am being done in by language. If not Chinese, then German!
Sourdough bagels? Yum!
ReplyDelete