Thursday, February 19, 2009

Blahs

This happens to me about the same time each year. I long for Spring and warmth. I get tired of wearing sweaters (and this year long underwear). I just get the Winter blahs. But this year has a new twist to it. Right now I am longing for home. I told this to Andy last night and he asked me, "which home?" And I responded with, "Yes, exactly!" We are by no stretch of the imagination nomads, but I feel pulled. 

I have been sick this week, and I think we all want comfort when we are not feeling our best. We want comfort foods, people we are comfortable with, and places that are comfortable. While I love living here, this is definitely NOT my comfort zone. I miss the familiarity of life in the US. I miss Target and going to the library. But most of all, I miss everyone who is dear to us back in the States. I am sure that it is not helping that I am currently looking for flights for our trip back this summer.

But even as I write this, I am remembering Becca and Josh singing a song in Chinese this afternoon and hearing Tori have a short conversation with someone in Chinese. I don't want to gloss over what I am feeling, but I want to REMEMBER..... Remember what a gift and opportunity it is to be here. Remember how much this is growing and shaping each member of our family. And remember that this is a season with ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment